Auschwitz Tour from Katowice
Auschwitz Tour from Katowice from $9237
Auschwitz Tour from Katowice
Take the exclusive one-day trip from Katowice to Auschwitz from Escape2Poland! You will see the famous “Arbeit Macht Frei” gate, learn about individual prisoners, see where hundreds of thousands died in the crematoria, bathhouse, gas chambers, original wooden barracks, personal belongings, watchtower and much more. This highly evocative tour will bring the events closer to you on a once-in-a-lifetime trip.
This one-day tour of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum includes a transfer in our modern fleet of vehicles. You will tour Auschwitz with a museum-licensed guide for about two hours. Afterwards you will get the opportunity to see Birkenau, with the widely-recognised low-rise wooden gate-like building that is pictured in movies. The Tour will continue for roughly one-hour and twenty-minutes at the second camp. Afterwards, you have up to 30 minutes of free time to reflect on the experience or purchase a book from the museum bookshop.
Help the future generations acknowledge the tragedy that occurred at Auschwitz on this 1-day tour from Katowice. As Winston Churchill once said “those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it".
What is included
- Two-way transport
- Museum-certified guide
- Entry tickets and all fees
- Water and traditional sweet snack (premium option)
- Packed lunch (private option)
- Free time after the tour
- Headphones (for all groups 10+)
- Documentary screening (if possible)
- Travel with confidence. Booking your holiday with an ABTA Member means that you’ll be able to relax safe in the knowledge that you’ve booked with a reputable travel company. Escape2poland's ABTA numbers: Y6587, P7370.
Begin your tour from centrally-located Hotel at the time selected while booking. Consider upgrading the tour for more convenient pickup directly from your hotel.
- Transport to Auschwitz
Approx. 60-Minute transport to Auschwitz on a comfortable bus. Van up to eight passengers or private transport only for you and your party available while booking.
- Auschwitz tour with a museum-certified guide
Skip the ticket line, meet your guide, and start the tour around the Auschwitz Concentration Camp Tour (2 hrs).
- Short coffee break (if possible)
10-15 minutes of free time to use the toilet, grab a snack, or take a breath before your sightseeing of Birkenau.
- Birkenau tour with a museum-certified guide
We will transfer you to the second camp, Birkenau, and show you around the original barracks, unloading ramps, watchtowers, and mass extermination devices. (1h 20 min).
- Free time
Use your extra time to contemplate or visit the bookshop. Upgrade your tour to 8-passenger van transport or private transport to have more free time - up to 30 minutes.
- Transport back to Krakow
You will be dropped off in the city centre or directly at your hotel.
- Please mind that the pickup time is estimated and may be slightly changed (+/- 15min). The precise pickup time will be on the voucher sent to you 3 days before the tour.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately to the weather conditions.
- The museum allows A4-size bags (30x20x10) only. Bigger belongings should be left on the bus.
- Baby seats are granted at no additional cost - please notify our customer service at least 3 days before the tour.
- Inappropriate behaviour is forbidden at the site (eating, smoking, being loud).
- The use of flash is forbidden inside the buildings. You are allowed to take photos only in certain parts of the museum.
- For safety reasons and due to traffic restrictions, direct hotel pick-up may not be possible, in which case you will be assigned to the closest pickup point, about which we will inform you.
- < 3 people – C-segment medium car
- 3-4 people – D-segment large car
- 4+ people – M-segment passenger van
Standard language: English
Other languages: French, Italian, German, Spanish available on request.