– Probably the most famous and popular city in Poland, with the greatest amount of different tour attractions. Formerly the capital of our country, now the cultural and intellectual centre, the city will charm you with the people’s vitality and its vibrant night life.
– The main center and capital of more than 2-million industrial agglomeration of Silesia. Because of its manufacturing character it isn’t the most attractive from the tourism point of view. However Katowice is the largest academic, cultural and entertainment center of the region and it has some places which can surprise those who expect only the view of dirty, workers city.
– The town isn’t very attractive for the tourists but it’s important from the communication point of view thanks to its own Rzeszow-Jesionka Airport which connects east side of Poland with the rest of the Europe. However those who fly to Rzeszow and have to stay there for a day or two aren’t sentenced for a sit in the hotel room. There are some sights like a historical town hall or emperor’s castle which are worth see.
– The capital of Polish Tatra Moutains, the best ski resort in Poland and one of the most unique places which you can find in our country. This is an ideal place for all of those who want to admire the beauty and romance of wild and unspoilt natural landscapes
– Spiritual capital of Poland. From the centuries, this is a target of pilgrims masses. Thousands of worshippers come here every year to pray for blessing of St Mary. Many people believe, that the icon of Black Madonna (known also as The Blessed Virgin from Czestochowa) has a miraculous power which can heal and help faithful people with their problems.
- Tatra National Park
Tatra National Park
– Park takes care over many endangered and rare species of animals and plants. In lower parts we can encounter on foxes, brown bears, lynx or golden eagles. Higher parts are settlements of marmots, mountain goats or spotted nutcrackers. Tatra National Park is one of the last places in Poland where we can find unspoiled nature.
- Bieszczady National Park
Lynx – Symbol
of Bieszczady NP
– It is truly magical place. We recommend it to anyone who want to get rest of civilization. The lonely hike trough small villages, hills, mountains, forests and other marvelous places is an adventure which can give you one of a kind sense of freedom and contact with unspoiled nature.
- Auschwitz – Birkenau Concentration Camp
Auschwitz Concentration Camp
– The World’s most notorious place of genocide and mass grave. In 1940 – 1945 the Nazis killed about 1.5 million people there, mainly Jews but also Poles, Gypsies, Russian POWs and people of other nations. This is the place that everyone should visit at least once in a lifetime… to remember.
- Wieliczka Salt Mine
Wieliczka Salt Mine
– One of the oldest salt mines in the world, it also is one of the greatest examples of miner art. It’s no wonder that Wieliczka Salt Mine was inscribed to UNESCO World Heritage List – this place is totally unique. Underground we can find plenty of breathtaking salt sculptures, chambers and shafts which create one of its kind atmosphere. This is one of the most popular Polish sights and simply a must-see for all!
- Dunajec River
– mountain river in southern Poland, which flows trough the Pieniny Mountain Range, among totally breathtaking monuments. Dunajec provides one of the most popular attractions of Poland – rafting, which is the great opportunity to relax in the open outdoor and marvel fantastic natural landscape.
- Solina Lake and Dam
Solina Lake & Dam
– This is the artificial storage reservoir which occupies an area of 22 square kilometers. On Solina Lake there is the highest dam in Poland, which has almost 82 meters height. There is a Silence Area what means that using motorboats and other engines is not allowed. This is a dreamed place for anglers due to great amount of fishes. If you’re looking for very peaceful place, where you can rest in open outdoor, Solina Lake would be ideal.
- Krynica Zdroj
– probably the most popular Spa Town in Poland. In every corner of this town you can feel relaxing atmosphere of health resort. You should visit Old Spring House and pump room to try healthy natural, mineral water of Krynica. Walk around the town is very pleasant and peaceful experience.
– John Paul’s II birth place. This small town attracting with unique atmosphere. In Wadowice we can see house, where John Paul II was born – nowadays is a Pope’s Museum, Monastery of Discalced Carmelites, John Paul II plaza – main square of the town with beautiful tenement houses. While you’re here, you have to taste famous fondants, Pope’s favorite cookies.
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska
– next to Czestochowa, Kalwaria with St Mary’s Sanctuary is the main place of Marian and Christ’s Passion’s cults. Also this place is visited by thousands of pilgrims every year. Beautiful basilica is attracting many tourists. In here it’s worth to see pilgrim’s paths which commemorate a Way of the Cross and history of Holy Virgin’s live.